Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Maiden Voyage!

Memorial Day weekend….it’s like the introduction to summer for all of us here in the mitten after a long winter of forgetting what it’s like to sit outside, BBQ, and drink beer. Its unfortunate the warm weather had to take a turn for the worse this weekend! Luckily I was still able to get out and get some things done!
                Friday evening was spent wrenching on my car. I’ve been having a lot of trouble with it lately, and dumping a lot of money into it lately for what seems like no results….it’s almost like having a bad girlfriend! So to turn my frustration I decided to wrap that up and head to Bass Proshop and do a little shopping. I recently purchased a fishing Kayak so I could get back out on the lakes and fish, so I needed a few things for my maiden voyage. After spending way more than I originally planned (don’t we all?) I walked out of there an hour later I had everything I needed and more for my trip out on the lake.
                Saturday was golfing with the guys. I’ve recently grown very fond of the par 3 9 hole courses around my area. For 10 bucks you can go chase a handful of golf balls and not have to worry about the typical golf course particulars….it’s actually quite laid back! So we hit 9 there, and had a few drinks afterward….it was a really good time!
                After I had to make it home a little early because I had some fabrication I had to do with the kayak for the next day on the lake. I managed to retrofit a basket with some additional rod holders because I had to accommodate for some extra gear as I was taking my girlfriends little brother, but all in all it went well and it looked great!
                Sunday was the big day! I couldn’t sleep past 7 AM because I was so excited to get going. I had already loaded up my truck and had everything prepared to go. We took off at 9:30 and had to stop by Gander Mountain quickly before we launched. When we got to our first spot it took a few minutes, but I was the first to strike! I pulled in a little 3.5 pound largemouth, and took a picture to keep record of my first kayak fishing catch! After about 6 hours on the water it was time to head back in and relax. The remainder of the night was spent enjoying a bonfire at my parent’s house and getting some much needed sleep.
                Monday was a very chill day with all of the guys, we bbq’q some beer brats, ate chips and dip, enjoyed a few beers and watched the redwings play. All in all it was a very hectic, but fun weekend! I dont have any footage from my trip on the water, but enjoy one of my favorite videos!
               

1 comment: